How To Infuse Moister Into Your Hair Strands (The Infusion Process).

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

 Lock in Moister for up to a Week! (The Infusion Process)


Hey girl! Did you know that just because there's moisturizer and water on your natural hair, it doesn't mean that it's not moisturized? Unless moisture is infused into your actual

hair strand, your hair is more prone to breakage. 
In this blog post, I'm going to teach you 
how to have completely moisturized hair that is styled, stretched, and soft, but is dry to the touch through what I like to call, the Infusion Process. 

Since my hair type is 4b and it's low to medium porosity, it gets extra dry, extra fast. If you have trouble sealing moister into your hair, then this blog post may be for you.

Here are the steps that I take to seal moisture into my hair:

1. Wash or Wet 
If there's a lot of build up and my head just feels nasty, then I go ahead and wash my hair. However, if my head doesn't feel dirty, then I don't want to strip it unnecessarily, as that removes a lot of of my hair's natural oils! 

2. Deep Condition

I use conditioner packs that can be found at Walmart. I personally like anything by Hask and Hi Pro Pac. I use two packs - one being a protein treatment and the other not. It doesn't matter if you use two Hask packets or a Hask packet and a Hi Pro Pac; as long as one is a protein treatment. 

After making sure that the conditioner is in from root to tip, I detangle section by section, and place a shower cap over my head for 30-45 minutes.

3. Braid or Twist by Section

After I rinse out my conditioner, I use the Creme of Nature Argan Oil from their honey line and I put it trough- out my hair as best as I can. Then, I take one section of my hair at a time (1 section equals 1 braid, I do about 16 to 20 braids), and I moisturize each section with an oil of my choice and the Cream of Nature Pure Honey Shrinkage Defense Curl Activator as it has a lot of slip, decreasing breakage. You only need a little bit of oil per section.

4. Let Your Hair Dry and Style
You do not want to take your braids or twists out until they're completely dry. Otherwise, the product will remain sitting on top of your hair strands rather than having been infused into it causing flaking, hardening of the hair with the product, and shrinkage due to the wetness. 

Depending on how often you keep your head covered with a scarf or bonnet, or on your hair type, your hair could take between 1-4 days to dry. When I am able to let my braids hang out with no scarves, it dry's quickly, but when I have to work or run errands, I wear a stylish scarf but it causes my hair to take longer to dry. 

The bright side is that you will have a beautiful braid out and hair that is moisturized for up to seven days. To make the drying process faster, you can blow dry your braids/twists, however, your hair texture will not be as silky as the moisture will not have sank into your hair as well.

Here's a picture of my hair after the Infusion Process!

Side Bar:
No hair regime is one size fits all. It took me years to find something that works for me and even still now it doesn't always work with my schedule. From products, to your hair type to your schedule, to the type of styles you like, it's going to take time to find what works for you. 


(This blog post is not an advertisement).

As always, 

So much love, 

Rickari














































Post a Comment

Kari's Blog © . Design by SimplyTheStudio.